Beginner’s Guide to Selling on the Wellbeing Umbrella Platform
26th April 2022
Page Navigation – click on steps below to jump to desired section
Wellbeing Marketplace Overview
The Wellbeing Umbrella platform connects people looking for wellbeing solutions and treatments to independent wellness providers within the U.K. who truly care.
Everything listed, whether goods or services on the Wellbeing platform promotes either physical, mental and/or social wellbeing.
All listings on the Wellbeing Umbrella Platform must comply with section 6 (What Can and Cannot be Sold on Our Marketplace). If you’re new to our Wellbeing Marketplace, you may wish to review our Terms For Sellers and payment processing fees to ensure your store and listings follow the agreement.
Register & Open A Store On Wellbeing Umbrella
Before you can begin selling on the Wellbeing Marketplace you will need to create a store account. Either log in to your customer account and click the ‘join our wellbeing marketplace’ sign up button on your dashboard or apply for a Wellbeing Marketplace Seller’s account from our Sell With Us page.
Once your application is successful, you will need the following information to hand to create your account;
- A copy of current Business Insurance information (professional indemnity, public liability, product liability) to hand – as you’ll be asked to upload this to us, so that we can verify you are an insured business on our site
- A copy of your Professional Body Certificate (or relevant information) if applicable – you’ll be asked to upload this to us so that we can verify you are part of a professional body and give you professional body status on the site.
- An idea of what you’d like your Username to be, (once your Username is chosen, it cannot be changed)
- An idea of what you’d like your Store Name to be, as your unique URL will be created from it. You can change your Store name at any time; however, your URL cannot be changed.
- Access to an email – a verification code will be sent to the email address you provide
Please Note: access to your Seller’s store account is not given until your business insurance has been verified by Wellbeing Umbrella (approx. 24-48 hrs.).
Complete Store Set Up
After you have successfully registered to our Wellbeing Marketplace, you’ll be sent an automated welcome email straight to your inbox, confirming that we have approved your registration details. Your welcome email will include a link that takes you through the set-up process (courtesy of a set-up Wizard) and then to your store dashboard.
Upon log in, you’ll be guided through six important stages of the store set-up. You can skip and complete these parts without the wizard later, if you would prefer.
- Store – This stage is where you can confirm/change store name, email and phone number. Upload store logo, banner and mobile banner and complete store description and store visibility.
- Payment – This stage is where you will add your existing Stripe account details or create a new Stripe account so that you can receive payments from any listings purchased.
- Policies – This stage is where you input your store information such as relevant shipping policy, refund policy, cancellation/return/exchange policy information.
- Customer Support – This stage is where you share the different ways you are happy for a customer to contact you. Please note this information will be visible to customers.
- Social – This stage is where you can share Social Media links to all your favourite platforms. Social media platforms include: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Snapchat, Pinterest.
- Now Your Ready– This is the final stage and the Wizard set up will take you to your store Dashboard.
Complete Your Profile
- Bio image (Avatar) – this accompanies your author bio on any articles you write for your store or as guest blogger for Wellbeing Umbrella. Your bio/avatar gives you the opportunity to be personal and share a photo of yourself, helping audiences and shoppers better connect with you. Recommended requirements (150 x 150) pixels.
- Author Bio – your author bio information sits proudly at the bottom of any articles you publish either on your own store or as a guest blogger on our site. It’s your opportunity to tell people what you do, why you do it and what they’ll find if they visit your store. 500 max. Characters limit.
- About Gallery – Upload photos to help give customers a glimpse of your business or brand – be it a photo of you, your therapy room or products! Recommended requirements (800 x 600) pixels.
- About Video – Upload a video to share your story and help customers get to know you. Learn more how to add a video to your About page.
- About section: Share the story behind your business, therapies or products, why you do what you do or what you aim to achieve with your brand. Learn more about How to Write Your About Section that Encourages Emotional Buy-In.
Add Listings To Your Store
Yay, the exciting part! You’ve set up your store, now it’s time to add your store listings. Listings are the products or services that you sell. Learn how to add listings to your store.
Add Articles To Your Store
Convert searching customers by sharing your story or validating your expertise on topics relevant to them with your own articles or linked videos. Articles are visible on your own store and searchable on our marketplace for extra exposure. Learn how to create an article on your store and how to add a video to your articles.
If you’d like a reminder of the benefits of blogging or additional support on writing, checkout Claire Taylor from Raspberry Flamingo’s training support page HERE.
Add Staff To Your Store
Marketing, Visibility and Promotion
Tips for promoting/marketing yourself:
- Follow the tips outlined in our Image & Listing Guide: How To Increase Visibility & Interest In Your Listings to increase your business visibility and to help reach more of the right people who need what you offer from the Marketplace.
- Ensure your listings get maximum visibility by using longform copy, page structure and use of on-page SEO to help be returned in more searches. Learn more through our training about how to create listings which get found.
- Gain the most visually from your marketplace listings by using appealing images/photography that inspire and encourage shoppers to learn more about your service or product. Learn more through our training about how to use appealing images that encourage action.
- Make sure you’re optimising your store and listings through Wellbeing Marketplace search and filters. Be sure to complete your About information such as ‘who you serve’ and ‘how you serve’ within your profile manager and add relevant location information, wellbeing categories and listings types to your listings.
- Think about offering discounts or rewards to encourage customers to buy from you with coupon management or sales. Learn more about coupon management on the Wellbeing Marketplace – Learn more about how to apply coupon codes to your Wellbeing Umbrella store.
- Use linked products tool to encourage upgrade of purchases or promote related listings within shopping basket. Learn more about linked products.
- Consider attracting new audiences and enhancing your professional brand with your own articles or linked videos on your store.
- Connect with other likeminded wellbeing providers and see if a collaboration can be brewed to increase your visibility, audience or attract more customers by joining our Store Sellers Facebook Group, the link will be sent to you on joining and can be access from your store dashboard.
- Find local or online Wellness Events or fairs to get you in front of a new audiences with your products and services. Get involved or learn more about our Wellness Events.
- Reach new audiences by exploring guest blogging opportunities with other wellbeing providers – you have a similar client pool remember!
Manage Your Store
- How to manage an order – coming soon!
- Take a holiday from your store – prevent your store from taking orders or set a note to customers while you’re away
- How to Block Out Holidays on Your Appointment and Class Booking Calendar – Prevent bookings being made in advance for holidays/time off
- How To Provide Proof of Business Insurance Renewal/Professional Body Credentials
- How to Gain & Manage Reviews on Your Listings
- How and Where Customers Can Leave You a Store Review